Registered Student Organization Policies and Guidelines
Use of Florida State University’s name or other registered trademarks with an organization name implies association with the University. Therefore, only those registered student organizations that are officially recognized by the SGA are allowed to use FSU trademarks in conjunction with their name.
To ensure consistency in the use of the University’s name and marks, all products, signage, or packaging bearing reference to Florida State University must be produced by manufacturers licensed through the University’s licensing agent, the IMG College Licensing. Officially licensed manufacturers are required to carry appropriate product liability insurance and to meet standards of the University Code of Conduct with respect to labor standards.
Products manufactured for resale, social functions, or fundraising are subject to our customary royalty rate. Products manufactured for philanthropic related events are exempt from royalties.
Finding a Licensee (as of 05/2017)
- By Product Category
- Local Licensees
- Internal Campus Suppliers
- You can also search for Florida State licensees by product here.
Custom Order Online Options
Local & In-State Licensed Suppliers
- The Clothesline Inc. – 1369 E. Lafayette St. Tallahassee, FL – 850-877-9171
- Full Press Apparel Inc. – 603 W Gaines St #5 Tallahassee, FL - 850-222-1003
- Here! Promotions – 304 Indian Trace #285 Weston, FL – 954-385-2428
- RaGZ – 2827 Industrial Plaza Drive Tallahassee, FL – 850-656-1223
- Tally Tees – 800 Ocala Road Suite 300-240 Tallahassee, FL – 407-412-7467
- T-Formation of Tallahassee – 864 Commerce Blvd. Midway, FL – 850-574-0122
- B & B Sporting Goods Inc. – 1139 E. Tennessee St. Tallahassee, FL – Ph: 850-222-0682
- Elite Sporting Goods – 1770 Thomasville Road Tallahassee, FL – Ph: 850-385-2255
- Tallahassee Engraving & Awards/Awards4U – 1387 LaFayette St. Tallahassee, FL – Ph: 850-668-5007
Many Greek Organizations have chosen to have their organization represented by an agency that protects the use of their respective trademarks. If your organization is a member of Affinity Marketing for Greek Trademark Licensing you must use a manufacturer that is licensed for both Florida State University and your organization. If you are unsure whether or not your organization is a member of Affinity marketing please contact your organization’s National Office.
Licensees who are licensed with both Affinity Marketing & Florida State.
Procedures for Obtaining Art & Product Approvals
- FSU has over 400 licensees nationwide with many in-state or local licensees.
- Take your artwork to a licensed manufacturer or ask the licensee to create the artwork for you.
- The licensee will submit the artwork to FSU’s Licensing Office for approval and remit royalties to IMG College Licensing on FSU’s behalf.
For assistance in locating a licensee or any other questions contact FSU’s Licensing Office at 644-8690 or email Garrett O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies Concerning the Approval of FSU Related Artwork
- To protect Florida State University’s trademarks and promote a consistent visual identity, FSU marks may vary in size, but cannot otherwise be altered, tampered with, modified, incorporated into other marks, or overprinted with other words or design elements.
- Use of a current student athlete's name or likeness on commercial merchandise is a violation of NCAA rules and may result in the student athlete being declared ineligible.
- Use of intellectual property owned by a third party must be approved by that entity in writing and submitted to the licensed manufacturer along with the artwork. For example, if you wish to use artwork, slogans, or trademarks created by someone not associated with your organization, a written release allowing for such use is required before Florida State will grant design approval. This type of approval process often takes weeks, so allow enough time for such approval to be obtained.